HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - . choke tube question
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 06:19 PM
NY Yote

Default RE: . choke tube question

Leffler..

Dont shoot steel out of a Lead Choke tub. If you do, your choke tub will swell up and you wont be able to get it out of your barrell. This is not a good idea so go buy yourself a decent waterfowl choke tube. I would suggest you go get yourself a Kicks choke tube. I have used the whole selection of tubes and have found that this choke tube is probably one of the best out there. I shoot steel a lot and found that most steel choke tubes will even swell. So after each hunt I check the tube to make sure it goes in and out of my barrell very easy. The other thing is your not supposed to shoot anything bigger than # 2 's out of a full choke tube and would stick with that suggestion. The other thing is if you dont shoot that much I wouldnt get a Xtra full choke tube if you are gonna have close in shooting. This is because the pattern is very tight and anything close will be hard to hit and if you do will be blown into pieces. I have seen guys try to use Xtra full tubes and get very fustrated with them. Stick to what you are comfortable with. IF you hit okay with a modified then try the next step tighter which would be Improved modified. I wouldnt make the jump during your season becuase it takes a little while to get used to shooting an Xtra full choke.

Good Luck,

NY Yote