HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cuddeback ?'s
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 09:40 AM
wihunter402
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cuddeback ?'s

I have one of the first Cuddeback's that came out. Mine does not have a viewer and I don't think the newer models do either. Mine uses smart media cards but I have heard the new model uses compact flash. For viewing the pictures on the computer you could pick up a usb card reader. I think you can get them for about $20. There is no USB on the camera that I have. As for flash pictures it does ok. Sometimes I get the back half of the deer but most of the time I get the whole deer. I also keep mine on an old salt lick so the deer are not always walking by in the picture. For batteries I have been using energizer alkiline. I have mine set to do short videos if in the day time. With that setting I have been getting anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks on the batteries. In that time I have been getting anywhere from 11 to 32 pictures a week.

As far as tips I would just say to use it where the deer will be stopped for the picture. Like a baited site if that is legal where you are. I don't think it would do a great job on a trail. I attached a couple samples of the picture quality that I get with it. If you have other questions you could email me or ask them here. I will try to check back but will be out this weekend.