HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - remington ammo = junk
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 09:32 AM
DM

Default RE: remington ammo = junk

BEFORE i proclaimed "any" ammo junk, i'd want to pull that round apart and have a look see!! (i'm NOT saying you don't have a bad round though)

There are many things that can, and does cause miss fires. Most common one i've seen is a fireing pin that doesn't strike hard enough EVERY time. The most common reason i've seen for this happen, has been, sticky oil ect.. inside the bolt "slowing down" the fireing pin!!

Now, for junk ammo: I have a small box full of factory ammo that could be classified as "junk" useing the origional posters words....

I'm going to name a few here, Federal shot shells with the primer in sideways and crushed, Winchester 44 mag shell with the primer upsidedown, Winchester 44 mag shell with a primer ect.., but NO FLASH HOLE! Winchester 458 win mag ammo, with the bullet seated so crooked, it wouldn't even chamber! I have many many more!!

I picked on Win. here a bit, because it was Rem. that was called junk in this post.

Point i'm trying to make is, EVERY mfg turns out some "junk" every once in a while!!!

I'd be checking the gun over thoroughly though, because it's more common for the gun to be the problem than the ammo!!

Drilling Man