HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2nd hunting weekend...much better experience..now a pic
Old 11-15-2004, 06:54 PM
dr_pepper

Default 2nd hunting weekend...much better experience..now a pic

Ok ladies and gents.....i got a doe!!!!! a small one but a deer anyway you look at it. I was in my blind and sitting there waiting and waiting. I was about 4:45 when they showed up. I couldn't get nothing but a butt shot on the big doe.....and I had the other in my scope, she was about 15 yards from me...i wanted the bigger one but the smaller one saw me just as I put her in my scope....so I took the shot....shot her through the shoulder and hit the heart...(cant breath)...lol...and she was down. The exciting part about it...i was alone, my friend was out talking to some others that have land there going to let us hunt this weekend. So I sat in my blind for about a half hour before I dared to get out....needless to say....mommy doe was very upset at my shot. She was snorting and stomping. She had no idea where i was. It was so cool. So I had my lessons in gutting and skinning. MY friend just digs the guts right out. She been butchering cows and elk and deer since she was 12. This was my first time seeing any of it. And I didnt loose my cookies. I really am glad I took up the sport! I cant wait till this weekend...I have 1 more tag to fill....only a doe tho. Thats quit alright....we almost hit an 8 point on the way up....wish I could have found him.
thanks for all of your guys and gals help....i really really enjoyed myself this weekend. I am glad it wasnt like last weekend.
1 more week....1 more deer.
good hunting folks
dr_pepper

here is a pic