HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - southern hospitality
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 02:59 PM
soarkrebel

Default RE: southern hospitality

ORIGINAL: lx3dshooter

What a bunch of B.S. I am sure this will step of someones toes but oh well!!!!!!!You constantly hear how great southern hospitality is. I think that is total BS!!!!!!!!!! I moved my family to NC 6yrs ago because of better opertunities for the whole family.Wel ever year hunting season comes and goes ever year and each year I meet so other hunter that pretends to be a friend to just lie to me and take advantage of me.2 YEARS ago I spent all my free time clearing field and putting up stands just to be aloud to huunt the land 3 times.Last year I let someone and his brother hunt at my place just to be told I cant hunt on their land. Now to top it all off me and my girls spent all afternoon today put corn out (400 lbs.) just to be told that the other guy wanted to hunt my stand in the morning instead of the one he put up.Even though I was planning on hunting it in the morning.
Hey now let's not put ALL the south togather just because YOU don't have the gonads to stand up for yourself!!
It sounds like you are just a easy target. but it's not because the folks your deal with are southern that stuff happens all over the world .

Why don't you just look in the mirror at the problem and do something about it!

You know i spent a whole saturday helping two guys that hunt with me put some really BIG stands up. i used my tractor to get them in to where they wanted them. i enjoyed helping them. saturday afternoon they made sure i had keys to the stands and said hunt them. will i? i don't know . i didnt help them so i could hunt them . i did it cause thats the way i am. but i knew ahead of time that they were not jerks.
choose your friends carefully for you will be judged by there character.
good luck on your next endeavors.
and grow some intestinal fortitude!