HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Virginia ban hunting with dogs PETITION
Old 11-12-2004, 06:51 AM
Roost em 1st

Default RE: Virginia ban hunting with dogs PETITION

Possible part way solution:
Seek a shotgun only season for doghunters. Some states use this already especially in populated areas.{ At least helps the safety issue}

I was talking to an old friend last night while coming back from a business trip. I asked about his deer season expecting him to show some excitement for modern Gun opening Saturday in VA. His reply was
"Season Ends Friday" he explained the dog hunters will be out in full force and that only a crazy man would dare get out with dog hunters in the field. Not crazy to hunt with dogs but crazy to try and stand hunt or still hunt knowing the doghunters are out. He claimed every side road around him out on the Northern NEck will be full of trucks to where you can't hardly drive down em. He added that he was going out to the bay to try and troll for some Rockfish, they have been catching soime 30-40 pounders.
Anyway PearlJAM where is that petition?, this fella would like to know more about it. He hunts hard and its kinda sad for me to hear his deer season is over before it really even starts. His thoughts were "Thank God for Rockfish and ducks"