HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Short season . . .
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Difpeople

Default Short season . . .

From a SE PA, Philadelphia suburb. I have a great friend with about 4 acres outside a state park in the Philadelphia suburbs. It's taken us a couple years to figure out the deer (close quarters!) but this year its all finally come together. This year we decided to get agressive and go after the deer, rather than letting them come to us.

I took these two on my first afternon out. From the ground, using a decoy. Set up in a funnel, hiding back in the bushes (think URBAN, between a house and a hedgerow). Took both with complete pass throughs, large doe at 30 yards, lil one at 15 yards.

First year using mechanicals and I must say they really did the trick. Had my trusty Muzzys in the quiver but the deer were cooperative (broadside) so I opted for the mechanicals. AWESOME performance is all I can say. Each went less than 40 yards.

Still holding out for that suburban slammer (we've got him pegged, but as you can only guess, he's not cooperating!). My wife's due in a week with #2 so my season is pretty much over. Just happy and thankful that the freezer is full.

STAY AFTER HIM ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!