HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How in the world do you stay on stand ALL day?
Old 11-09-2004, 03:52 PM
JimboHunter1

Default RE: How in the world do you stay on stand ALL day?

Whenever I have time to hunt all day, I do it. A word of advice- if and when you start getting the itch to get out of your stand, just remember that as soon as you do, your chances of killing that big buck have just gone down the toilet. Deer hunting is unpredictable and we all know that it's pretty normal for nice bucks to feed during mid-day. Let your desire and your imagination help you forget about the time and enjoy being in the woods. That monster buck could be within 50 yards and you don't even know it yet.
I've found that the older I get, the more I appreciate spending the time in the woods. When I was younger, I'd get restless and would convince myself that I'd see more action if I got out of the stand and walked around... Eventually I learned that I'd improve my odds by staying where I was.
Now it's a no-brainer for me. When I have time to do so, I can stay in the stand all day without having feeling like it's a sacrifice.