HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - first time Deer hunting....bad experience
Old 11-09-2004, 09:51 AM
annieoakley

Default RE: first time Deer hunting....bad experience

Dr Pepper, I am the only woman at my deer camp and let me tell you yes some men(not all) are intimadated by women hunters. I think they feel like we should be in the camp cooking and not out hunting. If this had happened to me the first thing I would have done is stand my ground. I wouldnt have moved. Maybe I wouldnt have gotten a deer that day but by golly neither would he. He was trying to intimidate her so she would let him have the spot and it worked. And as for the guys sighting in there guns you should have called them on it. I would have gotten up and said something. Most men would have just moved on. Dont get me wrong there are alot of men out there that respect women hunters but there are some that don't. I have been hunting all my life and have run across alot of them that dont like women hunters. It isnt as bad as it use to be. Please don't let the men stop you from hunting. You have just as much right to be there as they do. And I do know how you feel about the bears. I had 2 come to the base of my deer stand 2 years ago. I was scared too. I just shot over there heads and they ran off. It is illegal to shoot them here. So my advice to you and your freind is stand your ground and keep hunting and hopefully you wont run into anymore a$$holes out there for awhile.