HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 5 BIGGEST BLOODTRAILING BLUNDERS!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Elkcrazy8
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5 BIGGEST BLOODTRAILING BLUNDERS!!!

Blunder 5 is my pet peave. When the blood trail gets real tough, I have my partner make loops ahead of me while I try to put the puzzle together and gain a direction on the animal, we never walk on the direct path. I liver hit a bull this year that didn't bleed much on the outside. It was a long and grueling process, but the bull was found. Don't give in easy. If you hit the animal go until you are totaly spent. You hit it, you find it. Even if it means giving a few days of your hunt. I actually found a bull once that a guy had hit real bad. The arrow went through the hind quarter and into the back of the cavity. We gave that animal all day. At one point we were looking for logs that had drag marks from the hind quater being too weak to lift the leg up and over. He wanted to give up saying that the bull would make it. No way. He was found dead the next morning. Don't give in easy And keep at it.
Most important above all is pick your shot. Give that animal the quickest cleanest kill that you can give it. Another will come along if the shot never arrises.

Great thread, I hate to hear about the wounded one that wasn't found too