HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is you choice in rangefinders
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 07:32 AM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: What is you choice in rangefinders

What was my choice, or what would I rather have? There is a difference. I own a bushnell yardarge pro 400. It works reasonably well and I like it. One of the best purchases I have ever made for archery and hunting and general.

However I kick myself in the but every time I use it for not getting the Lieca model instead. It was about a hundred dollars more (400 vrs 300 at the time) and but the performance is much much better. The read out is easier to read and the optics are waaay better. Oh well, maybe next time. My bushnell works reasonbly well for what I want it for. I wish it ranged lower than 21 yards (most newer ones do). It also doesn't range as far as it says it will, unless you plan on shooting a reflective road sign. And when it starts to get dark out you can't even read the display because it is black. The lens as also fogged up on me before in the winter.

I got at cabela's so I could have taken it back and traded up, but it seemed like when I wanted to I never had the extra cash. Oh well.

Paul