HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who uses snuffers?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 05:42 PM
COB

Default RE: Who uses snuffers?

I have avoided this thread like a plague! [8D] I have used Snuffers for a very very very very long time now. All I hear from folks is "I can't get them sharp", "they make to much noise", "I can't get them to fly", "they won't penetrate". I have shot them out of 60# compounds. I have shot them out of 46# recurvers. I have shot them out of 53# longbows. Right now I am shooting them out of an Onidea set on 48# on 35/55 Gold Tips and they fly like darts. And sharpen them. I get them hair popping rubber band spliting SHARP! I LOVE SNUFFERS!!!!!! A WW is just a Snuffer want to be.

To sharpen I use a 10" mill bastard file and push the broadhead up the file to parallel the edges. Not the file on the BH. When all edges are bright with not uncut places on them I push the BH on a 2" wide diamond stone. When polished bright I strop then on a piece of leather coated with red jewelers ruge (sp). The leather is mounted on a 8" piece of 2" x 4". Hey works for me and besides the Snuffers are the only BH I can get sharp. [X(]