HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new bowhunter seeks a little advice
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Muskratpete

Default new bowhunter seeks a little advice

In a few weeks I'll be turning fifty years old. I've done a lot of rifle hunting in the past but this is the first year I've ever really done any serious bowhunting. Let me tell you, I am having more fun bowhunting than I have had for the past two or three years rifle hunting! For the first time, I find I am watching the animal, how it moves, what it eats, where it comes in from, etc etc. It's like seeing deer in a whole new light. I learn something new everytime I go out. But I would like a little advice from some of you more experienced folks out there. I have had several deer come well within range but it seems like I just cannot get the bow up and drawn back without being spotted or, if I'm not made by the deer, they get very nervous and end up browsing their way out of range. Am I getting too anxious? I have been trying to get into position as the deer approaches my stand. Would I be better off to freeze until the deer passes my stand and is heading away from me? Anxious to hear your thoughts.