HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with my setup?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 10:30 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whats wrong with my setup?

I do know a person that won a world event with a bow that had a bent limb pocket.Out of respect to the tuner and the person that was shooting,I will leave their names out of it.

The person didn't know the pocket was bent and brought the bow to be fine tuned on a hooter shooter at this persons house.He tuned it to the best of his ability but the pocket was bent and a couple days/weeks(not sure) before the tournament was to late to do anything about it so he didn't tell the person.They went to the shoot and won.The bow was probably still tuned better than 95% of hunting bows out in the world.

I have also seen bows shooting 2" tears in paper win many 3-d tournaments.I have seen the tears and been with the person when they won the shoots.The center shot was set right on this bow.

Point is perfect form and confidence can go a long way.

If a setup is consistant,it can be poorly tuned and shot well.

BUT for us mortals that have a few flaws from time to time,it is imperative to get the best tune possible.This will allow the most forgiving setup along with allowing the best penetration possible.

I must say that I think even the best shooters would be better off if they were shooting perfectly tuned bows all the time but it is a fact that they don't always.