HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Easterns on the west side of WA
Old 03-11-2002, 11:56 PM
slee
Typical Buck

Default RE: Looking for Easterns on the west side of WA

LGH, I know what you mean about weird stuff. Gordo84 and I went in there Friday morning. The first road we walked up dead ended about 100 yards up. At the end there was this VW van parked in there with a good coating of snow on it. There was a gas can sitting out in front of it. No tracks around it, other than a yote's. The van had curtains over all windows and hung right behind the front seats so you couldn't see in. Made me glad I had the '06 with me. You never know.
We didn't find any sign of birds, but there was a fresh layer of snow on the ground. We walked the powerlines, and didn't see any birds though. I got some leads on a few spots on the southern side of Capitol Forest, but haven't had a chance to confirm it first hand. I'd appreciate any info you can come up with. I can hardly wait until May when I roll into Kettle Falls for 5 days of turkey chasing. The west side will have to do until then.