HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gutting techniques
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 04:47 AM
metalback

Default RE: Gutting techniques

These techniques ought to get the young and brand new hunters on the right directions to processing their venison so that they get the very best meat possible.... I know that at least for me, I have a hard time getting my wife to try any kind of wild game(always wondered why women are that way, but I sure get alot of good eats that way...) Field dressing your game properly eliminates most all of the wild taste(also depends on what they have been eating/ corn, oats, sage(especially sage)and makes for a real pleasant meal---I love any kind of wild game. The only thing I can add to any of this is I always carry some dry line (string) and tie a tight knot around the anus and penis of the buck. Takes 2 seconds and eliminates any spills at the wrong time.... I have a question about the numerous tags you have to attach in Canada. What is a meat and antler seal? We have to tag our animals here in the states but not adhear numerous tags to the animal. What are they for? Have a good one folks I'm off to the Elks tonight for a special order Montana Elk backstrap dinner. Something a guy doesn't get here in Arkansas very often. I sure miss the good old days of backpacking into the Gore Range for my elk each year in Colorado,,,,,those were the good old days...........