HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ive Got Bad Problems With My .300 WBY
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 10:00 PM
texasaggiebowhunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ive Got Bad Problems With My .300 WBY

My brother operates a range in west texas, the farthest he is set up for is 200 yds. When I have a new gun I always take it out to his range where we can lock it in a vise and get extremely accuate when sighting in. I sighted it in on a good concrete bench with leather sand bags and was driving tacks. I live in east texas and I have a long wide open right of way where I have atleast a 1000 yds that I could shoot down. I took my range finder adn marked off 100, 200 and 300 yds. I wanted to see how my rifle fared at 3,4,500 yards so next week I would know what to expect. I surely wasnt expecting what my outcome was. I shot off a picnic table with a chair used a 50 lb sack of feed along with three lead shot sand bags I have made to steady as a rest. Like I said I still drove tacks at 100 and 200 yds but when I went to 300 the bottom fell out.
My brother has always told me that some guns just wont shoot certain bullets and I think I have proof now. I am going to try the spire points tomorrow if i can find some and see if they will treat me any better.