HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Bloopers
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 11:03 AM
TURKEY FAN
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Bloopers

Okay............i cant believe this happened either, however it did and i will never forget it.
I was hunting i think it was end of october, and i had brought me a stool to sit on in this creek i call the honey hole, its just a dried up creek bed, but when you sit down in it you can see over the burm and be completly hidden. Well at about 1100 here comes a string of does all in a single file line like they were in the military!! They were using a trail only like 2ft behind me crossing the creek bed. Well 1, 2, 3, 4 5 does pass and i mean close!!! It feels like they are walking on top of me and here i am on this stool with my bow crouching and bending as far as i can to hide and wait for a buck that i hope it pushing them along, well i just had to stick my head up to look for the buck before he got too close and this doe, stuck her head right down in front of me....................it was like nose TO nose!! She snorted, and blew snot all over my face and glasses and i cant see a thing, so i stood up and start staggering around trying to see, i got deer jumpin and blowin all over the place!!! by the time i got my head clear and calmed down, there wasnt nothing left but blows and snorts in the distance!! That was the closest i have ever been to a deer.