HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Bloopers
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Swampmonster
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting Bloopers

Happened late last season. One of my sons and I drive two hours to the property a day ahead of the hunt. We sleep in the car in sleeping bags. We finally awaken and start getting ready.

Me: "Lemme click on the roof light so we can see."

(hurrying as fast as we can, we both get dressed and hop out into the instense cold!)

Son: "I'm ready. You?"

Me: "(quietly closing the car door) Yup. Ready."

Son: "It feels nice out here. I was actually pretty hot in the car."

Me: "Yeah, but you left your thick cap inside. It feels nice now, but in an hour you'll be wishing for it. I'll open the car. (open car, get cap, ease door shut)"

Son: "Thanks.

Me: "Okay my boy! Let's tear it up!" (Start walking down the path)

Son: "You think we need a flashlight to see down this path."

Me: "Nah. Eyes will adjust soon. But I usually keep a flashlight in my pack, just in case."

Son: "Oh, but you left the pack in the car when you got my cap."

Me: "Doggone it. Glad you caught that. That would have been disastrous! (Walk back to car. Open car, get pack, ease door shut)"

Me: "Okay! Hopefully now we can get going now."

(Start walking down the path. I happen to turn around to look behind me when I see a dim light glowing in the direction of the car)

Me: "Ah! Left the roof light on it the car! Here take the keys. Could you click it off for me?"

Son: "Sure!" (Son takes keys, runs back, turns off light. Eases door shut and runs back to me"

Me: "Thanks son. Easier for you to run back than me, since I'm carrying this heavy pack. But where is your gun?"

Son: "Ah! Can you believe this? I laid it against a tree so I could crawl into the car and get the light!"

Me: "No problem. Just run and get it. It'll be starting to get light before we know it. (son dashes off and comes back with gun in hand)

Son: "I have bad news and good news."

Me: "You're kidding. Well - give me the bad news first."

Son: "When I crawled into the car, I had the keys in my hand. I must have briefly let go of them because now they are locked in the car!"

Me: "Oh no. Well. What's the good news?"

Son: "I have my gun!"

LOL.