HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Buck Contest...Baby Bucks
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 08:08 AM
wolfen68
Typical Buck

Default RE: Big Buck Contest...Baby Bucks

ORIGINAL: sneekky

The really sad part of all of this is what if just what if this is a young kid 13 14 15 and its his first year hunting has never killed a deer in his life.Hes so excited that he got to be in this tourney.He gets a shot makes a clean kill and is very proud of his first bowkill.NO its not a monster but cant any of you jerks remember when you got your first kill?you would shot the first thing you saw and iam dam sure you probally did.NOW all you AZZHOLES can do is jam it down his throat that what he did wasnt good enough for you. To all the jerks that couldnt get past there own OVER inflated egos and just tell the kid good job yous a poor excuse for a human.

Are you calling me a "jerk" and an "azzhole"? I'm deeply offended and hurt but at least you didn't call me a "sneekky"...kinda sounds like the name of a venereal disease. But to set the record straight...I did not shoot the first thing that came by. I hunted for 4 years before I killed a buck and he was one inch over PY. I shot 4 does prior to that however and passed up dozens of young bucks. My older brother, who is 40, is starting his first season ever as a bowhunter. He has gone with me and my buddies to the woods for several years only with a video camera and has become very educated on deer and deer hunting. He understands the importance of letting young deer walk and keeping the doe numbers in check. He can shoot whatever he wants, as we all can. We don't have leases, we don't hunt fences, but we do have brains and we intend to use them.

IBM...glad to hear about your success...have you seen any good shooters yet this year? Good luck!

Jersey...I do this at least once or twice a year...it's a good thing, it gets rid of the bad blood.