HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Tribute To The American Indian
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 03:26 AM
muley69

Default RE: A Tribute To The American Indian

I am genuinely pleased to see your involvement with alcohol related issues on reservations. We will probably disagree on the reservation issue as a whole , however, as I feel the reservation system needs to be obliterated. Recently, in Browning, MT the Bureau of Indian Affairs took over the police and court sytems on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation due to widespread corruption. I believe the entire "dependant soveriegn nation" concept is ridiculas. Either your a nation on your own with absoluetly no aid in any fashion from the United States, or your an American period. I don't think a comfortable median can be reached. I will admit that the obliteration of the reservation sytem could result in the eventual loss of all indian heritage, and that is something I'm not intrested in seeing. Living in Montana is great, not just for the hunting, but for the tremedous sense of history we have. I live but a stones throw from the Lewis & Clark trail. The native tribes are a huge part of that history. I have been to several Lewis & Clark sites, Little Bighorn Battle field, Crow, Northern Cheyenne, Flathead, Blackfeet, Ft. Peck, Ft. Belknap, Pine Ridge, and lower Brule indian reservations. My father in law has been dealing in indian artifacts for over thirty years and even supplied some of the costumes and accessories for movies including Dances with Wolves. The indian history is a very big part of our family.