HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Tribute To The American Indian
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 01:40 AM
BOWFANATIC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A Tribute To The American Indian

muley69

Your last post was much better than your first two! Unfortunately as sad as it is , through my eyes anyway , most of what you said is true. But I look at the intentions of the original posters thread , and by your response I seen absolutely no respect for the original indians the poster was speaking of. You came in with both barrels blazing as if someone had touched a nerve. What kind of assumptions would you expect some to make? If you choose not to give any "tribute to the american indian" thats fine by me. But dont assume that all american indians lived the same as the ones you read about (I'm assuming the plains indians) , because their cultures differ like different countries of the world.

To BOWFANTIC: If your seriously concerned with indian issues, perhaps your time would be better spent trying to make a difference on the deplorable state on the American indian today, as opposed to pointing fingers and blaming things on the past.
I think you've mistaken my purpose for even replying to this thread. I'm not using the past as an excuse for the problems of todays American Indian. Unfortunately alot of folks base their opinions of the original Indians by what they see of todays American Indian.