HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Tribute To The American Indian
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 10:28 AM
jerseyhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A Tribute To The American Indian

I often think about the Native Americans and how they were murdered and run from their lands. The majority of the time it's when I'm thinking about conservation. The Native Americans were conservationist to the highest meaning of the words. They lived off the land and were one with it.

The plight of the Native Americans is just another dark chapter in The United States of America's history.
I agree.

Conservationist? Indians routinely burned prairies and forest and slaughtered fleeing animals, many which were not used. They ran bison off of cliffs killing thousands, taking what they could, and left the rest to rot in the hot miday sun. Murdered and run from their lands? I suppose if we didn't take over the west, they would still be hunting buffalo and running around in lion cloths at one with nature, yeah right, they and the rest of the world would be speaking German. They are extremely fortunate that we conquered them instead of somebody else. Perhaps no other group of people in the world have been given so much, and done so little with it. If your so distressed about our "theft" of lands, why don't you go find an indian and give him your property and ease your mind? Or, take a trip out here to Montana and meet the indian people and visit their reservations, that might change your prospective. Before you start spouting off about things you know nothing about, maybe you should study up on the subject
By this and the rest of your posts on this subject , sounds like one of your ancestors got caught rustling by the Indians and got what they deserved,

If I was an American Indian I would still be on the warpath.