HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best way to practice in winter???
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best way to practice in winter???

ORIGINAL: mjqood0

I know it's a little early to be worrying about this, but how and where do all you practice in the winter?

I'd love an indoor range, but I don't have enough length in any structure to make this happen. I live in Upstate NY, so outdoor practice is pretty much out. I started looking around at ranges -- the closest range is at a pro-shop 15 minutes away. They charge 30 dollars for ten 1/2 hour sessions. This sounds reasonable and I may do it this year. I also looked at league shooting, but have yet to find much info.

Where to all you guys shoot to stay in shape during the winter months? And if you don't mind me asking, how much do you spend to do so?

Thanks for any help!
mjqood0,

I hope to find a place too but I will be just a bit east of you in Clifton Park/Albany area. I am just moving to that area in about 2 weeks, so hopefully I will be able to find a proshop that will have an indoor setup. When I was in Tioga County, PA there was a local proshop that had a nice indoor setup with mechanical 3D targets, and it was heated with a nice coal stove. We would shoot in there all night, and had tournaments for a $20 entry fee, hopefully there is something like this in the Albany area.