HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread
Old 10-10-2004, 10:56 PM
t_miller316
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

hey guys. hope everyone is seeing deer. sounds like wolfen had a rough hunt , but that big boy will be back so hang in there wolfen. as far as the acorns go i have some insight to that also. i hunted this evening(sunday) and was on a natural funnel at the top of a steep erosion ditch. i have acorns at every step in this patch of woods and no deer sightings yet at this funnel. what i have noticed is that the deer i am seeing are in the cut bean fields in the morning and evening. so (sunday) in the evening i hunted the edge of the bean field but at the opening going to my funnel and wham i seen five deer within an hour of being on stand. i was on the ground so i wouldn't have to move my stand, so it got tuff. i noticed that i had three does and two bucks in the field. one doe was by herself and one buck was with her. wouldn't leave her no matter which way she went he followed. the deer were devouring the cut bean hay as i call it as fast as they could. both the bucks were 8 pointers but both probably in the 140 to 160 range. one even had two brow tines on one side one a little bigger than his g-2. never got close enough on this night but will be ready the next time as i will hunt my funnel but closer to the field. sry about long post just excited to see deer in qty and what seemed like a buck in love already. good hunting team.