HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - need sugestions
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 07:52 PM
bubba74701
Fork Horn

Default need sugestions

I had set up a stand 4 months ago that was primo in an area which is public but it is such a small area no one hunts it but I have seen some really nice bucks tucked in here during season when every one else rune them from the larger areas.
Well the corps closed the area down until nov.15 to give the handicap hunt which is only nov.4 thru thru the 14th..Well everyone moved in the area where I set my stand and pretty much scared the deer from this area.
Today I went over to another area which is tucked back out of the way with thick brush surrounding it.I found alot of fresh deer crap and alot of 1 inch in diameter trees ripped to shreds.in the middle of the opening in the tall grass approx.24 inches high I had found where deer had been bedded down recently.
I got back about 40 yards from this area and put my treestand north of this location.It is poring down rain when I did this hopeing all sent of me will be gone tommorrow.
My question is do you think I may be possibly intruding on a bedding area or maybe this is just a staging area before they go into the larger stand of timber where the pecan and oaks are.This area I set up in is covered in 10 to 12 foot cedar trees.
I just dont want to get into thier bedding area and dont want to leave if this is just a stop off.Thanks for any help.