HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property
Old 10-07-2004, 01:06 PM
silentassassin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property

So basically you guys are saying that a farmer or landowner shouldn't have the right to lease his own ground? Every piece of ground for the most part has someone hunting it. So anytime someone else leases that property then someone is losing a spot to hunt. It doesn't make any difference if the pro shop owner knew the guy was hunting it or not. The farmer may have told him that he was going to lease it to someone so he figured it might as well have been him. The guy may have known it was a good piece of property and didn't want to miss out on the oppurtunity. If he hadn't leased it, someone else would have and AR would have probably lost his right to hunt anyway. Either way it's no one here's business what a man does with proerty that he pays to lease. For you guys saying that he should let this guy hunt well in my opinion that's a crock of it. If I pay my hard earned money to lease some property then you can bet that I am going to be very selective about who hunts it. Because I paid for the right to do so. That attitude is what is wrong with America right now. Everyone thinks the other guy owes them something. Well guess what.................you're wrong. That guy did what he needed to do to secure himself a SAFE place to hunt. Everyone wants to bit*h about how dangerous it can be during hunting season and to be careful yadda yadda yadda but when a guy takes step to secure himself a safe place to hunt everyone is up in arms like he's a bad guy[:'(] Just because you do business with someone doesn't mean he owes anything except customer service. You guys need to get used to the notion that most things in life aren't free and if you want a decent place to hunt the you better get ready to break out your pocket book, like it or not. Just like this guy did. Now you guys are talking about trying to ruin his business for securing himself a spot to hunt. It's rediculous. You guys need to grow up!