HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New 03 Patriot String Jumped Pulley on 3RD SHOT!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:50 PM
elephanthunter

Default RE: New 03 Patriot String Jumped Pulley on 3RD SHOT!!!

Sounds like you are over bowed.
Im not, the valley is way different then my previous bow and Ive had a previous shoulder injury so Im being careful the first few times I shoot to get used to it. Drawing with the bow pointed up a little and then bringing it back down slowly as I come to the wall helps my shoulder get used to it and not re-injure. Same as a warm up when doing a new exercize that require new muscle movements your not used to at the gym.

why are you walking at full draw?
Never draw with your finger in front of the trigger.
Drew back and realized I didnt trust my sight yet, took a few steps to be closer to shoot instinctively. We all make stupid mistakes.

Im not for sure if my finger was in front of the trigger, I usually dont do that but I figure I accidently did that, or the string jumped at full draw causing a movement that could have hit the hair trigger.

Regardless I wasnt doing anything damaging to the bow. If at full draw I pulled the bow over my head and behind my back and between my legs then shot, it should not make the bow jump off string. Know what Im saying?

Ill let yall know what the shop says within the next few days. With this being a rare occurance I am worried the shop will say I dry fired it and it happened or something.

BTW - When I arrived they had set up a dually instead of single cam, so they had to hurry and finish setting up my bow (they had to use a press because they had to put on peep and hush kit) before they closed. Maybe they rushed too much putting it back together???