HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 08:38 AM
wihunter402
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Sorry David. It is a pain in the butt thing that the WI DNR does. What they do is have a 4 day gun hunt for Doe only the last weekend in October. This really messes up everything for us bowhunters. The big bucks hide from then on. Now I happen to be in what they are calling the CWD management zone. This means I can earn a buck tag for EVERY doe that I kill. I can get 4 FREE doe tags EVERYDAY. Now I do not plan on shooting alot of does because that means there won't be that many next year when I have to earn a buck again. See the flaw in there system. They want the does shot and I would like to help but then I have a harder time next year. Anyway in the CWD zones you can take a buck in the October T-Zone hunt.

Keep in mind I have nothing against gun hunters. I continue to gun hunt. It is just in our area rifles are allowed and if a buck steps out at 300 yards he is as good as dead. Many guys up here are shooting their rifles sited in dead on at 250 which makes 300-350 no problem. Makes it difficult for the bucks to get old enough to get the big racks.

Sorry to ramble but as you can tell I really don't like the T-Zone when it is. I would not mind having it moved to the first weekend in October and make it doe ONLY even in the CWD zones. Then by the rut things will calm down. Our regular gun season starts the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Then for me in the CWD it goes until Jan. 2nd. I just feel it is too long to have rifles out in the woods. JMO. Hope that helps.