HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any 04 Patriot, Dropzone, Fixed blade shooters out there?
Old 10-01-2004, 07:56 PM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any 04 Patriot, Dropzone, Fixed blade shooters out there?

Dave:

I'm not Mr. Fritz, but it sounds to me like you have the bow shooting pretty well now compared to the way it was. I'm sure his bow is tuned well, but those big feathers don't hurt too much either.

I just got a 2002 Pro 40 (I cam) to play with, and I am having similar issues. The arrow seems to be leaving the bow tail low and left. I tried shooting a few broadheads just out of curiosity, and they were hitting high right. I moved the nock point up, and it seemed to help, but not really enough. Tried a whisker biscuit, and the vanes were coming out with black marks and it seemed like the arrow was being pushed down into the rest more than I've experienced with other bows. Not sure what the deal is. I had to stop playing around, and shoot a bit with my Darton Tundra to be sure I wasn't doing anything to cause the problem. Our PA opener is tomorrow, so experimentation is called to a halt for a while. I'm thinking that using a shoot through rest that limits the downward travel of the nock might be a good thing.[&:]