HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Way Radio's....What's your preference?
Old 09-30-2004, 08:23 PM
drop em were they stand

Default RE: 2 Way Radio's....What's your preference?

I have a set of radios. It keeps me and by bro busy all day!! so i dont get bored and stuff! They are also great for tracking deer when you get split up. I have one story were they absolutely saved my a$$.

I was tracking a deer i had shot just before sundown. I made a great shot on him and got all excited so i gave him about 45 minutes. We went in to look for him and pushed him. He was lossing a mass amount of blood. Oh it is me and my bro who went in to look for him by the way. My friend stayed at the truck. Anyway, we ended up tracking him about 300 yards before he finally gave up and layed for good. The blood trail was easy to follow but we lost it somehow on the way back. We couldnt find the same spot we crossed the crick and we had no idea where we were at. It was good thing for the radios b/c my friend at the truck had his on and he directed us back by turning on the trucks head lights. We were pretty scared at first because it was the first time we actually considered ourselves "lost." It was really a great experience.