HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any 04 Patriot, Dropzone, Fixed blade shooters out there?
Old 09-30-2004, 04:48 PM
DaveC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any 04 Patriot, Dropzone, Fixed blade shooters out there?

Well Mr.Fritz, a neighbor (who has a like equipped Gladiator shooting awesomely w/ Muzzy Phantoms) and I spent another 3.5 hours wrenching on it today. By the end of the session we were both wore out.
I set up everything like yours and immediatly achieved nice bullet holes at 4', 5yards and 10 yards. Then we proceeded to shoot B/H's at 20 and 30 and tune from there.

The Muzzy 3 bladers once again performed well, less than desired, but well. His 2 blade stingers shot the best. But the Muzzy Phantoms were still no dice-some high, some low, some left, some right.
I could understand this if I was shooting high speeds, but this rig consistently chronies 263-267fps.

So at this point it looks like I'll be flinging Stinger 4 blades and muzzy 3 blades. My phantoms will have to stay home (for now).

I might look into the tiller trick I read about last night from ArthurP.
Somethings still not right, shootable- yes, perferect -no[&o].

I'm taking the bow to a new shop on Monday afternoon so they can help diagnose the "creaky draw" and I will have the "better tech" give my rig a look see to get his opinion.

Thanks for the help, I'm now headed in the right direction- just not there yet.