HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Paper Tuning
Thread: Paper Tuning
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Carwi

Default RE: Paper Tuning

Buck_Slayer,

Do yourself a big favor and click this link: http://www.eastonarchery.com/downloa...ning_guide.zip

This is straight of Easton's website. It's a PDF file of Eastons Tuning guide. Read the guide all the way through and it will anwer and cover about everything in bow tuning you can imagine. As far as paper tuning I place my paper (I use craft paper) in a frame and attach the frame to 2 stakes I hammer in the ground. I then place my Block target in line and behind the frame 6ft. I shoot 3, 6, 12 ft. When I get bullets holes after following Easton's guide. I then proceed to group tuning, fine tuning, micro tuning, and finally tune my broadheads with my field tips to my maximum hunting range of 60yds (windless days!) It can get complicated but it's worth it to have a setup that will robinhood arrows to 40yds! I have seen others that made a homemade papertuning frame setup, some of them are really nice too. Do a search here you may be able to find an example of one. I know you can find one here: Homemade Paper Tuning Rack