HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hornady 139gr 7mm?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 08:12 AM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hornady 139gr 7mm?

Maybe firearms will not be outlawed but if it gets to the point that we can no longer feed them, the end result will be the same as banning all firearms. No
Well that is the desired effect Anti-gunners would like..all those guns and nothing to feed them. Let me know how that load works out. I have about 2 boxes of 139'rs interloack FB and the SST. I think the 7 REM drives the standard hornadys too fast and they blow up . Heck for that matter I blew up their 162 grainer on a huge mule deer I shot when it hit bone (I recovered the deer btw). I called Hornady CS and informed them of that and then they told me it was designed for Elk and it couldn't have happened. I read something interesting yesterday and it makes a lot of sense. Basically if you get a blowup bullet design and bond the core its still a blow up bullet design that works with higher velocity but penetration will be impeded since the bullet will overexpand. Now if you have the jacket tapered correctly and then bond the core you will have better controlled expansion. Thats what in my opinion make the Accubond better then the Interbond . That and the fact Nosler makes the best darn bullets on the market with few exceptions.