HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - american broadhead sonic broadhead tests
Old 09-28-2004, 09:14 PM
robk

Default american broadhead sonic broadhead tests

i am not a regular member and have done my share fo testing products being disabled and at home i try to find out things about products that i feel are interesting and what they can do the archer/hunter and i have been testing the american broadhead companies sonic broadhead in the 125 grain model. i have shot thru the yellow jacket and thru targets as well as some wood and formed hard plastic with some amazing results. let me say i am not sponsored by them this is just my own testing kind of like the home version.
first off when i was ready to put them together a big handed and fingered guy like me sometimes is slow to put hem together but they actually go together pretty easily. it was me not the broadheads. then i got to see the fact they are a cut on impact broadhead that does not look like the magnus or the steelforce but they have a solid ferrele and the blades form the cut on impact look with adding them to the ferrele and making sure they set in the ferrele which after you screw them in they will not come apart no matter what. they are compact low profile broadhead and they look really functional fromt eh get go.
my first test was to screw them into the arrows and spin test them and all of them spun true. means i did my home work and had some good arrows. 2nd i decided not do anything but load them in my bow and shoot them from 10 to 20 yards and was very surprised. where i aimed they hit and shooting my field points they hit the same spot. they said they would do that. next i did some shooting to test the no planing lcaim they had and shot them in a crosswind with no aparent planing of the arrow and broadheads. another claim from what i could see where i amied they hit. the ideal would of course be in a wind tunnel and though it's close to that in oklahoma it just wasn't going to happen lol.
after doing some shooting to get he feel ofthe broadhead and how it flies i can honestly say i have them on my arrows for this year instead of the rockets i usually shoot. i shot them thru some 1/4 inch plastic and it was like there was nothing there it blew thru the plastic and it had no damage. so i decided to try a 1/4 inch of pine and again serious penetration with the same head and again no damage the blades were still sharp and i feel would go thru a deer no problem or any other animal you were hunting. in sharpness for me i gave it an A. for wood snd plastic i would give them a 5 out of 5 for how well the broadhead is put together i have to give it a 5 as well because once it's together unless you want to take it apart again it's not happening. over all i would say the broadhead would score excellent for over all performance and if your looking for a broadhead that can do some damage i would highly recommend the sonic broadheads to anyone out there.
it's not a usual thing for me to shoot something other than a rocket steelheads but i am going to be testing them as well as my rockets this year and hope to have some pics of my kills for people too see.
www.americanbroadhead.com give them a look see and if your looking for a solid bullet for archery season i think you will like what you see
thanks for reading
rob k