HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - oops neck shot
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 11:11 AM
KIDD642
Typical Buck

Default RE: oops neck shot

It is interesting to hear others respond to this and if it was not for a conversation with a gentlemen a few weeks ago I probably would not respond to it BUT here is my 2 cents:

I was talking to a gentlemen who took his to africa on a hunt for the first time with a bow. His wife although fairly proficient with a bow made a poor shot on an Impala. She hit her in the neck. There was no blood and the arrow stayed in the neck. NOW before anyone gets ahead of me. I know that an Impala is not a whitetail but they anatomy is pretty close. After the couple got back from there Safari they received a phone call from the PH (professional hunter) in Africa that they had spotted the Impala with the arrow in the neck, this is approx a week after they got back into the states, and proceeded to shoot the animal with a rifle. The PH said that the animal would have died due to infection but who knows how long that would have been. The wounded Impala appeared to be fine when the PH harvested the animal, browsing etc. but evenually would have died to infection or predation etc. So there is a little evidence that might help support PRIMETIME's case. By the way the PH sent the couple the Impalas rack Free of Charge even though later in the week she made a great shot on another Impala. Now she has two trophy's pn her wall.
[8D]
Guys please remember we are here to help each other in the sport of hunting not tear each other down. Of course there is room here for some harmless ball busting but lets keep the negatives to a min. that keeps the board fun[8D]

Primetime: Whatever the outcome goodluck and you never know you might actualy see the animal later on this week and possibly still harvest it. JMHO.