HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new bow for $350 or less - set up out the door what would it be?
Old 09-23-2004, 12:44 PM
PABowhntr
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: new bow for $350 or less - set up out the door what would it be?

If I may work "backwords" for a moment. $350 out the door would include tax. In PA the sales tax is 6% so that would put the actual cost around $325. So we will use that as a baseline.

A Full setup to me would mean to include arrows and a release which you do not typically find in many of the archery catalog "package" deals. Lets assume a half dozen arrows as opposed to a full dozen just to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

- half dozen carbon or aluminum "inexpensive" arrows

$25

- standard caliper style release

$25

- decent 3 pin fiber optic sight

$30

- decent 4 arrow quiver

$25

- TM hunter style arrow rest

$20

- broadheads

$20

- fieldpoints

$1.25

Optional accessories

- Peep sight $5

- Stabilizer $25

- limbsavers $15

- cat whiskers $2

Without the optional accessories we are looking at still having about $178.75 to still purchase a bare bow. With the optional accessories we are looking at $131.75 still left to purchase a bare bow. You can probably get a PSE Nova with the first price quote but you will be hard to find any bow for the second price quote.

Now, obviously, some of these package deals knock off the price for the individual accessories to some extent but in my estimation you are still looking at a figure no more than $200 to intially work with to get just the bow itself. There are very few bows that fit into that price range. The PSE Nova, some cast magnesium riser models from Reflex and Golden Eagle maybe but not many others I am aware of.

Hope this helps somewhat with your search.