HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Slick Trick shooters?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 09:10 PM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick shooters?

You asked for a comparison between the 3 blade Muzzy and the 4 blade Slick Trick. When I started broadhead tuning my bow this year, it was shooting broadheads a little higher than field points. Muzzys and Phantom (100gr.) were both about 2-3" higher than field points when I started. The Slick Tricks were at most 1" high with the same bow that needed more tuning. All the heads seemed to hit very close to the same spot as other arrows with the same head, but the field pts. and each broadhead type shot a little different, with the Slick Tricks hitting much closer to field points than the other 2 heads. After tuning was completed, the field points and all 3 broadheads grouped well out to 40 yards, and grouped together. I can't say for sure that the Tricks group better than the other heads now, but when the bow was not tuned correctly, they hung in there (with the field pts.) better than the ohter heads. I would guess the Slick Tricks would be a little easier to tune, and would be less sensitive to a rough release or maybe wind gusting at the wrong time. They are a bit tougher (IMO) to sharpen, and with the blade angle, make sure the blades are as sharp as you can get them.