HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - British Columbia huntin'
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 11:02 AM
agaucher
Fork Horn

Default RE: British Columbia huntin'

Well it depends upon what kind of hunting you like to do. If your a road hunter youll be bombarded with many other road hunters, all racing to be the first into a good spot. If you are willing to stand hunt, or still hunt (dont know if that is the correct terminology by walking VERY slowly through nice hidden areas) then youl get your deer every year. I shot 4 deer last year, one on a doe draw. 3 bucks otherwise. Biggest of them was a 3x4 and that is because I, like many others did alot of road hunting and not enough hiking etc.

I live in kelowna btw, and yes hunting is great for pretty well anything. If you are a moose, goat, sheep, whitetail, mule, black and grizzly bear, or cougar hunter then within a 4 or 5 hour drive u can get to some of the most remote and beautiful hutning areas youll ever see.

Kelowna for jobs is average, depends what field you work in. Right now there is a huge construction boom meaning theres not nearly enough tradesmen as there is work. The cost of living is not bad as you can buy a house from anywhere in the mid 100's all the way upto 15 million. (dont know who has that much tho hehe)

Only down side here is the lack of schooling, but not that UBC (university of british columbuia) is coming here next year much will be changed.

Good luck, hope that helps =)