HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - need a target that lasts
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 12:15 PM
KBacon
Typical Buck

Default RE: need a target that lasts

bigpapascout.. We took one of those wally world targets to Canada w/ us.. This was the 1st time that it was ever shot at. I was shooting my 300fps 400gr arrows at it.. and when I hit the center of the target they buried all the way to the cresting on the Gold Tips. When I shot at any of the outer spots.. I'd penetrate all the way through the target except for the fletching. Very poor quality target in my opinion.

The Yellow Jacket on the other hand.. is a great BROADHEAD target for the $$$. You can shoot field point at it.. but they will be VERY hard to pull out. The foam melts to the arrows like the older foam targets... making them damn near impossible to pull out. What I'd reccomend would be to purchase the $30-40 bag target at Gander Mountain (depending on if it's on sale or not)... they are actually Morrell Eternity targets that have been rebadged for Gander Mountain. Use this target for your field points.. and the Yellow Jacket for you broadheads.. You'll still come out cheaper that one of the medium sized block targets.. and they'll last ALOT longer.