HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - $15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 07:32 AM
zak123

Default RE: $15 Muzzy 3 Pack @ Walmart

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

Sorry but this crap touches a nerve with me since my favorite local pro shop is closing it's doors because of this kind of mentality. He said he sells the bows then everybody goes to Wal Mart, Bass Pro etc... to buy the accessories, then they want to bring all of that stuff back and have him install it for free. The small shop guys can't compete with the pricing that places like that can. Since buying my Patriot from there, I have also bought all of my accessories that he carries from there as well. Most of the time he will tinker with my bow for free if needed and sometimes will let me shoot for free. You're paying for the service that you get. It's amazing that we will spend all of this money on the bow but want to skimp on pricing everywhere else. I can't say I blame people for shutting down shops with people doing stuff like this.

I buy most of my stuff online. I am not going to take my equipment to an unreliable bow shop. I took my bow up there 3 times and they said they would call when it was ready. I called a week later everytime and asked if it was done. They said they were just about to call me. Yea right!

At my bow shop it is not uncommon to wait 30 minutes for service while they stand around and talk about what they shot last week. I can name everything in my bowshop right now. Here is what they have: 4 rests, 5 types of bheads, 4 types or arrows, 3 stabilizers, 3 sites, 2 types of vanes, 10 bottles of scent spray, 10 targets, 15 bows, 15 packs of strings 13 bottles of wax. That's it, I'm in and out in 5 min if I don't need service. These guys don't even know what they're talking about. They tell me the complete opposite of what needs to be done.