HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I can't believe this...
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 09:13 PM
SWOSUMike

Default RE: I can't believe this...

I'll admit it...Wednesday was the first day since last season that I pulled out my bow to start practicing for the Oct 1 opener... I'm not ashamed either...I had college, turkey season, a girlfriend, and a squirrel dog pup to raise and train. I pulled out the bow and shot using pins, just to see how consistent I could make my groups...Not perfect, and I need a little oil cause I'm a little rusty, but it's nothing I can't work out before season. And before the season, I'm switching to a pendulum...I may even buy a new one before then[] that I'll have to get used to. So what? I'm not worried, cuase I'm confident that I'll get it right, and if I don't, I'll wait to hit the field until I feel good about it. My stand is safe and secure and nobody can hunt it but me, so I'm not concerned if I have to miss the first day. I think hunters should let hunters hunt how they want as long as they get it done right. I guarantee I'll be shooting good before I go out, and I haven't practiced all year until this last Wednesday. I don't feel bad about that either. Also, some say that this kind of stuff gives fuel to the antis...yeah right, nothing we say or do could ever make them turn our way, if they are really an anti, it doesn't matter how much you practice, they're not going to like you, and they will always have "fuel." Would you ever become an anti hunter? No way, and nothing they could say or do could make you an anti, and the antis feel as strongly as you do, only on the opposite end. Good luck everyone this season, and encourage your fellow hunters, please. -MIKE