HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread
Old 09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
IL-Cornfed
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Wall Hangers" (18) Thread

Things are lookin' good here. Of course everything in the whitetails world is changing at a very rapid pace here. Over the last week many farmers have already begun to pick both corn and beans. Also, many alfalfa and clover fields have had their last cuts. The leaves are also begining to turn and it seems that the woods are starting to thin out a bit now. Have been seeing regular buck movement in and out of the standing corn. Mast also looks pretty decent this seaosn and should be dropping over the next couple of weeks. I have got a handful of bucks using mock scrapes and I'm confident a couple should be "shooters". I want to try my best to contribute to this team but I'm faced with the dilema of what exactly to "settle for". One thing is for certain, being as how only the first buck counts towards this contest, I'm not sure what exactly I should drop the string on? I will probaby try to hold out for as long as possible. This year I will be doing alot of hunting on my own property and to tag a deer of this farm I want it to be a dandy. Last year I took a 130 class buck ONLY because it was my first deer shot there so I just really went with the buzz. This year I would like to take a better animal or just enjoy the show. I promise to try to do the team proud on what should shape out to be a very good season. Best of luck to all you guys and lets put some "Wall Hangers" down for the count this fall.

One thing is for sure, over the next couple of weeks the entire game will change and I HOPE that it increases everyones chances to tag a monster. Shoot straight brothers