HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Concept archer 99% letoff!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Glen In Marland

Default RE: Concept archer 99% letoff!

I agree with Paul. I have went 50 yards into the woods and have killed some very nice deer. I have back packed in and not seen a thing. Which is harder, which is smarter? Both were successful though because I was in the woods doing what I love when I love to do it. It is BS that it needs to be demanding to enjoy it. I think if you really are into tough hunts, then get your scuba gear, spend days at the bottom of the river with 0 ft visability with a 100# stick bow, cedar arrows, flint tipped with a squireel hide on to keep you warm in the 34 degree water with out food and wait for a 28 point buck to swim by. I haven't seen many people do it and be successful but you would deffinetly get my attention if you did do it. Do you wear flip flops in snow to hunt deer? We can make deer hunting as tough as one can imagine. I think if we did though, that would be the true death of bow hunting because people would not want to do it.

As a bow, cross bow, black powder, and gun hunter, I think it is better for people to be in the woods enjoying what they are doing. Not agonizing over how tough the hunt is. We as a group need more pople to join in and enjoy hunting. The more you have the bigger the voice you have to make change.

Sorry if anyones feeling got hurt but, lets just enjoy the hunt with a stick bow or 150% let off