HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Concept archer 99% letoff!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Concept archer 99% letoff!

Don't try and make me look bad because I am honest about what I do. I don't try to make excuses to myself or make it look like I am doing something other than what I am doing. Don't tell me when you hunt your not there to take game. If that were the case why take a weapon at all.

I didn't say I don't enjoy what I'm doing. If I didn't enjoy it why would I bother. But I'm not going to put this much effort into something and make it harder to succeed. The state issues tags because they want the deer taken. Why buy the tags if you don't intend on actually taking the game?

And I am getting freakin' sick to death of this elitist attitude some bowhunters have. Like no one is as good as they are and if you do anything other than what they do you are a lazy piece of crap slob hunter. Get off it for a while already. A hunter is a hunter, no matter what weapon they choose to use. And a slob hunter is a slob no matter what they use, be it a bow, crossbow, or 30-06. Don't just say that anyone that doesn't bow hunt or only bow hunts is a lazy person that shouldn't be in the woods. That's pretty offensive. Maybe some people like to hunt smarter, not harder.

Sometimes it sounds like if I don't use a recurve with woden arrows I should be ashamed of myself and feel like I am poaching deer or something. Sorry, I don't.

Oh, and the little snyde comment about you remembered when only gun hunters said stuff like that. Well, I do gun hunt, so you were partially right.[:'(]

And It's not like I am out slaughtering the deer heard either. I take one deer a year usually. If I don't get one in bow season, I take it in gun season.

Paul