HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Concept archer 99% letoff!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Concept archer 99% letoff!

The comments I have heard from guys I know and trust have said that it IS an arm ripper if you have to let it down. Apparently the let-off is achieved through a slotted axel design? someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I did hear a disturbing story about this bow....... apparently one of the demonstrations that the Concept guys do is that they let the bow hang by the string at full draw to demonstrate the high let-off and low holding weight. I guess while doing this at a recent shoot or show the string engaged and the bow went off like a grenade in the demonstrator's hand sending the cable rod through a finger web or palm or some other sensitive body part.[:-]

From a shooting standpoint I can't see how you could shoot off the string due to the low holding weight......it would be incredibly easy to torque the string with the release at full draw would it not? I would think a string loop would almost be mandatory.

From an ethics standpoint?.....geez, how much is enough? 99%? You could just about draw it and sit there waiting. I don't think the crossbow comment is far off at all, after all one of their demonstrations is to let the thing hang there by the string at full draw right? what's to keep someone from just drawing it when they get into stand and hanging it by the string off a bow hanger ready to go?
???