HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CHIGGERS!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Kardkutter88

Default RE: CHIGGERS!!!!!!

Chiggers suck!!!! If I am able to take a hot shower as soon as I get home from hunting or Disc Golf I won't get the chiggers as bad. Most of the time I'll get like one or 2 bites and thats much better then 20-30 on each ankle like I had earlier in the year. After the hot shower I will wet my ankles and waistline down with rubbing alcohol. Before I get done with a hot shower I will put my feet together and face the shower and direct the water to my ankles and turn the water as hot as I can stand it for as long as also. Doing so will weaken the ich when you already have the welps.

from B&C Wanna B "I had the unfortunate oppurtunity to feel the wrath of chiggers on my berry pouch"
I too have had that experence many times. The chiggers loved me as a kid, I HATED THEM. They would last for a week and durning that week I couldn't do anything with out feeling the inch and hurt. Nothing is wose then haveing them there...... NOTHING.

Last bit of advise, DON'T ICH THEM If you do they will last for at least 2 weeks. If you don't ich them the ich will be gone with-in a week.