HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - One eye or two?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004, 09:38 PM
EOTN

Default RE: One eye or two?

You should shoot with both eyes open. You need both eyes open or your depth perception will be greatly diminished. If you have to shoot with one eye closed you may be shooting with your non dominant eye. I am totally right handed but was lucky enough to buy my first bow from a well informed person who asked which was my dominant eye. Upon discovering that I was left eye dominant, my aim(shooting anything) improved greatly. And to test for your dominant eye: put a small hole(a bit smaller that a dime) in a piece of paper( index cards work perfect), hold the paper out in front of you with arms outstetched while focusing on a distant object through the hole in the paper. Then slowly and steadily pull the paper, while focusing , towards your face until it is directly in front of your dominant eye. This method works really well for determining your dominant eye. And I'm sure quite a few people will be surprised to find out that they have been shooting backwards, same as I was. I hope this helps some people.