HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Florida Hunters
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 12:16 PM
DHF:KYLEN

Default RE: Florida Hunters

I live in Western Pembroke Pines all the way out by US 27 and Holiday Park. Have plans on doing alot of hunting this year. Had plans on hunting today out in the Big Cypress but Frances screwed that up.

No problem setting up a hunt if you want. Have plans on hunting Hogs, Quail, Dove, Ducks, Deer, and my favorite, TURKEY. YEAH BABY.

Now if you're looking for "Joe Pro" hunter and quide, I'm not the guy. I just got started two years ago. Built 2 duck hunting boats and now completing my "cork" decoy rig. but I'm main lining now on this hunting thing. Self employed father of 3 and have been working 7 days aweek since May to pay for my upcoming hunts. I basically hunt with my father,(66yrs old) and my sons,(15, and 12). My father has a neighbor, (Bob from FP&L), who has re-taken up duck hunting after a 20yr hiatis. Nice fella, and a family man.

Let me know if you would like to get together and talk about any possible plans on hunts. We go low budget and low pressure.

Here's some examples: Slept in the back of a van while hunting Green swamp and Bull creek for turkeys last year. Got rear ended by a migrant worker so I had to use my 14' canoe and a trolling motor and 2 batteries so I could still hunt to the end of last duck season. It was slow but I really wanted to get out there and hunt. I called it silent running. Little spooky, when you factor in the gators. I slipped right up on them before they new it. Scared the holy ho ha out of me at o dark thirty, so decided to slide along the edge of the canal from them on.

Got a dog, Chocolate lab fem. Trained to the Walters video. She's pretty good.