HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DEER DRIVE ON OLN
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 10:04 PM
RattleSnake1
Typical Buck

Default RE: DEER DRIVE ON OLN

I agree with the folks saying here that it's BS to sit and bash each other's hunting tactics. That being said, if you don't like how someone else hunts, who cares?? Will flaming other people here do any good?
I live in Wisconsin, and YES, the "drive" is a huge part of rifle hunting here. As stated in another post, after opening weekend, the deer start to sit pretty tight. If this show was allegedly filmed in WI, how old was it? I believe it was stated that the hunters were using buckshot? I could be wrong. I've been hunting for almost 20 years now, and buckshot was outlawed for use on deer long before I even started hunting. I will also state, that believe it or not, when using a rifle, it takes quite a bit of skill to hit a deer that is running, and NO I have never lost a deer I hit on a drive. I am an AVID bowhunter, and personally would quit rifle hunting long before giving up the bow, but I don't look down on people that don't bowhunt. I have a tendancy to get annoyed when a strictly rifle hunter bad mouths bowhunters in general, but I'm sure most of us would. We have to remember that there ARE bad apples in every group; including us bowhunters. I've personally met more than my fare share of the "so called" bowhunters that put a paper plate on a bale of hay and shoot a few arrows at it, and IF they hit it a couple times call it "good enough." I say WTF is wrong with THAT picture? If you're going to hunt these majestic creatures, at LEAST give them the respect to be SURE you can kill them them QUICKLY and equally important....CLEANLY. I say to each their own, as long as SAFETY is always the first priority! That is all.